My Face, My Story, My World

My Face, My Story, My World
Elisha Opal Hughes

Me & Jim Ed

Me & Jim Ed
We're friends, cousins, & 8 months apart in age. We're really close! He was captain of the football team, I was captain of the Cheerleading Squad. At softball games, he was there to watch me catch, & I yelled like a man would at him at his baseball games. I consider myself his biggest fan! I love my Jim Ed. And that's how we do!

One Night In Austin

One Night In Austin
Kailea, Ally, Me & My Cousin Callie. From chips & salsa to 6th street!

My Elliott Buddies

My Elliott Buddies
Mason, Me & Mike.....These guys are the brothers I never had.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sick on Homecoming/Peanut Festival Weekend


Well, I'm finally back in San Marcos. I got up went to classes and was feeling great except for a little soreness in my throat. Friday, after class I hopped into my car and began my 3 hour drive home. When I finally got there, Momma was waiting on me. I rested for a while, then we took a trip to Palestine, which is 23 miles down the road. No big deal. Right before we reach the city limits, I hear a strange noise. I realize it's my car, so I quickly but carefully pull off onto the shoulder. My mom then got out of the car and did a walk around. My tire was FLAT! O MY GOSH! I was almost furious! I guess it wouldn't be Friday the 13Th without a little trouble. After hours of trying to find the right tool to fix my tire, we were finally on the road again. We ran on errands and rushed home. I didn't want to drive anymore, so mom took the wheel. We got home and I showered and dressed for the Homecoming football game. Wow, a blow out, 52-6. We won! Later that night, I wanted to go out, but something wouldn't let me. My LITTLE sore throat, became a BIG problem. Not only was it hurting, but so was my head, nose, & teeth. To add to that, I couldn't breathe! I was so congested. I stayed in that night. The next morning I woke up at 6:30, dressed, and saddled up. I was going to the Parade, and I was going to ride a horse, and I did! It was so much fun. Over the past years, I've twirled in the parade 3 years, cheered in it 4 years, and road on a pageant contestant float my senior year(which won)! It would just be awkward to watch and not be in it. I loved it so much. As I rode down Main St. friends, family, and people I knew yelled my name! I smiled and waved. I would have spoken, but i had no voice. Then from there, I went to the festival and walked around with family. Then a volleyball game, and back to the festivities! When we were too tired to walk, my cousin (Jim Ed) and I went home to get ready for the Pageant. The pageant was overall good. My pitcher from softball won queen! After the pageant I changed clothes. With my hoodie, a toboggan, and gloves, I went to a party. Sunday was the day of rest. I still couldn't talk like I wanted to. I did some reading and studying while my mom was gone. i waited for her to come home and then I began my trip back to San Marcos. The trip was long. I was alone, and sleepy. I couldn't sing out loud (that's how i usually keep myself awake). When I made it back, I unloaded and now here I am. Still sick... and tired. I'm ready to be better. I hope I don't have Strep Throat. I should be finding out soon when I go to the doctor. So that's it, now I get some more rest!

No comments: